Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mickey

Hey guys,

Thank you for stopping by!

My name is Mickey, I was born in Israel but I currently live in New York. I'm actually a scientist but since we moved to New York I started practicing my photography skills. It is hard being away from your family and being a stranger in a foreign land but when I'm walking with you it always feels like home.

People often ask me; Why do I broadcast live videos on my page? What do I gain from it?
Well, making live videos is my way of communicating with whom I like to call ‘my online family’.
With time, I’ve also learned that these walks help people that feel lonely or homesick (including myself), people who cannot leave their home due to medical issues, who suffer from social or travel anxiety and stress, or desire to see the world but at the moment cannot fulfill their dreams. These live videos are the closest thing to exploring the world in real life, and I’m here for you as much as you are here for me.

I first realized that I could actually reach and help others through these live walks when a follower told me he just left the hospital and is recovering from an amputation. He told me how happy these walks make him, feeling as if he is joining me on my explorations.

At the time, Moshe could not understand why I keep investing in these live videos with so much energy. This was at the beginning when only a few viewers joined me on my walks. I replied to him, referring to this guy, saying: “Even if this man was the only human in the world joining me, I would still do it for him. It is not the quantity, but the quality that matters”.

This is by far the best internet community I could ever hope for. Thank you for being as amazing as you are!








4 comments:

  1. I just found you on Twitter by following NewYorkCity Feelings! I am so happy now to follow you & check out your videos too on FB! I find your photography amazing! I wish I had known about you last September when I spent the whole month exploring NYC (my 60th birthday gift from my amazing husband) I live in Florida but visit New York when I can. I will be there 5 days at the end of September celebrating my cousin's 40th birthday. I have loved reading all your tips on things to do and have shared it with her too. Thank you & keep up the great work on your amazing posts! Some day I'd love to sign up for one of your walks when I'm not with my group of 8 female relatives! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help. I watched your B&H Photo Webinar. Good but I am a newbie on Instagram. Can you send me the PDF so that I can go over this again? I am "momentsbycarol" on Instagram and CA Marinas on Facebook. Can you please help? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lifelong dream was to visit New York City. My Mom flew in from England to start her life here with My Dad. We finally made it & I Love NYC. We had a plan for going back this fall 2019. It's not working out due to my Mom moving into assisted living. I hope to go back in 2020 but I have to save cash until then. I love your walks & all the tips & info you share about the area you are in that day. I especially love that you chose October as the best month to visit NYC. That is when we went in 2017 because it is my birthday on 10/25. I think we might try late April 2020 because Central Park looks so gorgeous. Thanks so much for keeping NYC in my world while I wait to return.

    ReplyDelete