Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dina's World

Dina Goldstein, art, dream, wonderland, JCC, NYC
My cousin Dina was born about a month after me and she is a part of some of my most cherished childhood memories. She was always a dreamer and I remember how much we loved to play with her three-dimensional circus book. A few years ago, Dina started her own three-dimensional theater and I was delighted to hear that she is coming to New York as part of a new art tour.  
Dina Goldstein, art, dream, wonderland
Dina creates wonderlands by adding motion and light to photos and figures. She combines them together in such harmony that makes me feel that, like people in-love, this pieces were always meant to be together.
Dina Goldstein, art, dream, wonderland, JCC, NYC
Today, I went to see her preforming live at the JCC with a trending Israeli radio program: Israel Story (סיפור ישראלי). At this show we celebrated Israel Independence Day and the star of the program was Theodor Herzl. The creators of the show went to 48 Herzl street in different Israeli cities and brought us the stories of the people who live there. During the program, Dina took us to a spiritual-visual tour in her little theater that, on this occasion, presented Israel. The theater beautifully came to life on screen with the motion of a camera and some paper-cut figures.
I love the fact that, even as adult, I can still join Dina's dreams. Dina is a professional dreamer and I'm always happy to dream with her.
Dina Goldstein, art, dream, wonderland, JCC, NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment