Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fall Road Trip to Hudson Valley

I have been waiting for the best opportunity to get out from the city. The perfect time came this weekend, when autumn delivered peak fall foliage around Hudson Valley. Saturday morning, before my friends and I went on our trip, I checked the foliage map to make sure that we will catch peak time. First stop on our way upstate New York was Muscoot Farm, an hour away from the city. Last year, I found the place by mistake and this year I couldn't resist the temptation of visiting again. Growing up at the Kibbutz, I was surrounded by farm animals. Visiting the farm, smelling the hay and watching the cows, sheep and horses reminded me of home. The pumpkin patch was a nice addition and the trails surrounding the farm are absolutely gorgeous.     
From the farm we headed to Anthony's Nose. The place was so beautiful I couldn't wait to get out of the car. The minute we stopped I ran up the mountain and by the time I've reached it, I realized that I left all my friends behind. I took a deep breath and a couple of pictures, ran down and found them climbing up. The view from the top was spectacular but we were all extremely hungry at this point so we rushed back down to get some food. Driving to the diner, we took a quick stop near Bear Mountain Bridge for an overlook at Popolopen Creek. This late afternoon, food at the Barnstormer Barbeque was highly appreciated and we enjoyed every bite. Finally, we gained up enough energy for the grand finale at Seven Lakes Drive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment