Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

I love going to Central Park, especially when it is covered with white snow. So far, this winter we did not have a lot of snow and this is only the second time the park was covered with white, fluffy snowflakes. Piles of snow were quickly turned into snowmen, popping up under every tree, like mushrooms after the rain. My absolute favorite was a beautiful snowdog, that was carefully sculptured by a very talented couple.
I remember the first time I attempted to build a snowman, it was a complete disaster. The snow wouldn't stick and I ended up with a small amorphous snowmountain. When the snowdog was complete, I said my goodbyes and continued towards the Bethesda Fountain to meet up with other photographers for the 500px photowalk. It was very easy to find them, as there was a big crowd of people standing with fancy cameras. As I arrived, I was immediately drawn to a man walking with three Borozi dogs and, luckily for me, they were approached by a young English bulldog. 
I did the most reasonable thing I could think of and went to greet the dogs with my camera. There is no doubt that animals are my comfort zone and "somehow" the majority of my photos feature animals. The dogs were very playful but the Borozi are so big that in most of the photos I had at least one of them blocking the view. Eventually, I had to disconnect myself from the kisses of Brooklyn, the bubbly English Bulldog, and stumbled upon an empty, snowy-white road.
The dogs and the snow were all very photogenic, but the girl with the balloons was definitely the highlight of the day. She was walking towards the Bow Bridge and I was one step behind. It was a well calculated scene; the colors of the balloons, the clothing, the location, and I was fortunate enough to be there.
However, the last photo I will leave you with, also from the Bow Bridge, is of a vase that looks like a troll. Enjoy :)

  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment