Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Shoshi The Tourist

This weekend I took Shoshi to a photoshoot in the city. First stop was Union Square station, were we waited to one of the yellow line trains. 
To me, the subway is one of the city's most interesting and photogenic spots. The people waiting for the train represent a wide verity of cultures and styles. Also, dogs on the subway are not a common sight and Shoshi is exceptionally cute. The only down side was the low light conditions, but l already decided to embrace the graininess of photographing at high ISO.   
When the train came, Shoshi was very cooperative; during the ride she held her head high above her carrier and curiously examined the area. Shoshi is a people magnet and whenever I take her photos, if I also manage to get people into the frame, at least one of them will be looking at her. Obviously, some people can't fight the urge and get too close to her in the middle of the photoshoot. This presents a good opportunity to catch poeple's genuine excitement from meeting Shoshi for the first time.
We got off at Times Square station and headed to the frozen fountain at Bryant Park. The fountain is absolutely spectacular and together with the skating rink and the decorated Christmas tree they create a festive winter atmosphere at the park. I took so many beautiful and funny photos of Shoshi there, that it is hard to choose just one. One of my favorites was this one, with the look I got from Shoshi when it was time to go to a different location. I had the exact same feelings :)
From Bryant Park we headed to Times Square and stopped for a quick photo with the giant American flag. Shoshi is a proud American, so immediately I was able to get a nice photo of her with the flag.
The red stairs was our last and final spot, but I'm ending this post with a photo taken at 49 street subway station. I love the red bricks in the background and how the man's jacket is in a matching color.
I had a great time with Shoshi during the photoshoot and I would like to thank her proud (and sometimes worried) parents, Tal and Liel, for their cooperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment